Role: The job profile is characterized by the administration and execution of qualified proposal reviews in a small team (located in Romania) and intensive collaboration with other RQM team members in other countries.
- Support for FBLA (France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Africa) business in the area of risk and quality management.
- Liaise with the FBLA risk and quality management contacts and support their initiatives, e.g., prepare presentations and trainings, and participate in regular meetings.
- To help the FBLA region achieve its goals, the candidate is required to support the business with training and one-to-one meetings. In addition, analysis of reports using Excel is required.
- To monitor the legal & risk & quality review desk
- To act upon the requests received and to interact with the business to support the clarification of open questions, the identification of deadlines, and the provision of information.
- To evaluate the information and documentation submitted by the business to the joint review desk and check the quality of the information entered into the supporting IT system.
- To answer requests for any information and advise the business with respect to BearingPoint’s policies and guidelines. Additionally, the candidate is required to answer requests for professional (not technical) support with respect to the IT system supporting the proposal/contract review process.
- To participate in regular team calls, report any issues or difficulties experienced and contribute to the resolution of these issues.
- Be prepared to learn how to conduct reviews for non-disclosure agreements and proposals in the English language. Extensive training will be given in this area.
- To support the update of policies and documentation, gathering data for reporting purposes, and other similar tasks.
- Degree in economics, business administration, or Law;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French is essential. Language training will be provided;
- Advanced experience working with common IT packages such as MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Outlook, and MS Teams;
- Quickly learner (BearingPoint-specific IT systems);
- Cooperation and a team player, who is able of communicating proactively with colleagues to schedule, conduct and coordinate the required activities;
- A service-orientated mentality and be able to react quickly and flexibly to work requests;
- To work accurately, carefully, and precisely.
Travel required: <10% (initial training, team meetings, occasional travel for working meetings)
Languages required: Fluency in both spoken and written English and French required
Main office location: Bucharest or Sibiu
Attractive compensation package
- Fixed salary compensation along with Yearly Evaluation and performance-related bonus scheme
- Meal Tickets, Easter, and Christmas Gift Vouchers
- Seniority Bonus and Referral Bonus
Health and Well-being
- WorldClass Gym Discounts and 7Card Partnership
- Private Medical Subscription for employees and family (children, spouse/ life partner)
- Life and Accident Insurance.
Personal and professional development
- German Language Courses at any level
- Complete training & certification curricula available (tailored courses)
- E-Learning System available for all employees
- Firm-Wide and Regional level training
- Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/bearingpointromania
- Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BearingPointRomania
- Website https://bearingpoint.services/en/
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three business units, focusing on advisory business, on IP-driven managed services beyond SaaS and on providing software for successful digital transformation and regulatory requirements. We also explore innovative business models with our clients and partners by driving the financing and development of start-ups and leveraging ecosystems.
BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in more than 70 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
We are present in Romania since 2007, with more than 750 employees in our offices in Bucharest, Iași, Sibiu, and Timișoara. Their expertise brought value to more than 450 projects in the past 15 years