Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people, active in over 70 countries that generate €3.3 billion in revenues.
Our specialists are using the latest software solutions for computer aided engineering and computer aided design to provide the highest quality services, varying from 2D drafting and 3D modelling to computing and Building Information Modeling.
GEC (Global Excellence Center) Romania
· More than 20 years’ experience in design and engineering
· Active in several domains in multi-disciplinary projects, with 4 major Business Lines – Buildings, Infrastructure, Water and Environment
· Major focus on Digital, in the fields like BIM, Digital Twin, Data analytics and automation
Arcadis strategy is focused on standardization, automation, and digital innovation. Each business sector has defined a clear and consistent roadmap to reach the milestones of digitalization. In Water sector we are working on different design automation initiatives for hydrotechnical assets. Assets can be defined as any resource that will create value to the business. Arcadis is good at designing, managing, and maintaining physical, human, and intangible assets (software, data etc.). You will join our Digital Team in Arcadis Iasi office and work together to improve the performance and safety of the assets with maximum return and improved utilization for the benefit of society and the environment.
Your role will include, but is not limited to:
• Coordinating with other business teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
• Writing and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services
• Creating bespoke solutions of various complexity to assist with business requirements
• Developing scalable back-end components to improve application performance
• Designing and integrate user-facing elements into applications
• Adopting a “minimum viable product” mentality
• Focusing on quality-control
You can be our newest Automation Engineer superhero, here are the key assets that would make you the best person for this position!
• University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or related field
• Strong Python knowledge (e.g., modular coding, OOP, unit testing, documentation, pandas, shapely, openpyxl, plotly)
• Experience in specific frameworks for web development (e.g., Django with asynchronous tasks)
• Experience in working with databases (e.g., PostgreSQL)
• Enjoying discovering and solving problems
• Result-oriented, accuracy and details focus
• Strong analytics skills
• Strong English language.
Nice to have:
• Other programming languages: C#, Java, R, VBA
• Linux Server
• Any other European language knowledge
• Great interpersonal skills (team player, eager to learn, supportive attitude, open to feedback)
• Availability to work abroad (Continental Europe) for some periods.
Why should you become an Arcadian?
As the world becomes more digital, so is the civil engineering industry. Arcadis Excellence Center is recruiting for a variety of roles aimed at digitalizing our business by automating workflows and creating bespoke solutions for our clients. As part of a large consultancy company, the purpose of our department is to support the development within the company. This leads to a variety of opportunities, suitable for flexible professional and personal development.
We want to make our workplace cozier and your life more enjoyable, which is why we will provide perks and benefits, some based on your preferences:
• Health Benefits Package - for you and someone you care for
• Wellness programs (sport tickets and workshops)
• Flexible working schedule (starting hours & work from home in certain situations)
• Growth opportunities according to a clearly defined career path
• Travel opportunities, global activities & rewards
• Easter & Christmas & Travel & Meal tickets
• Employee discounts at our partners
• Retirement savings plans
• Bonus for referring a friend
• Christmas parties & team buildings;
• Workplace events.
IMPROVING QUALITY OF LIFE