Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people, active in over 70 countries that generate €3.3 billion in revenues.
Our specialists are using the latest software solutions for computer-aided engineering and computer-aided design to provide the highest quality services, varying from 2D drafting and 3D modeling to computing and Building Information Modeling.
Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis; a start-up-framework and culture, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive and are revolutionizing the future of digital asset management.
The Software Architect is responsible for the design of the software and hosting environments for our Software-as-a-Service app products and platform. They will guide the technical development of the platform, including its interaction with cloud hosting environments, working closely with the Product Owners to ensure that the capabilities of the products and platforms meet business and user requirements. The architect will be a leading figure in the development team, guiding the developers on technical matters.
- System Design and Assurance - This is a core responsibility for the role. The Software Architect will produce high level system designs and data structures to satisfy business needs for the platform, whilst working with business stakeholders across several teams to ensure that the solution fits with the strategic goals of the business. They will work with the Product Owner and Lead Developer to specify product features by writing technical user stories to achieve the desired feature set and will produce prototypes and proofs of concept for software designs.
- Technology Selection - Will work closely with the Lead Developer and other members of the Agile delivery team to select appropriate technologies for the platform and specify the design of public cloud components and infrastructure (including producing cost estimates when new systems or configurations are required).
- Define Standards - Will promote software design patterns and standard ways of development to the software developers and, will play a key part in supporting the Scrum Master in maintaining a healthy DevOps culture.
- Support for Other Development Teams - Will work closely with the associated teams, helping provide a unified way of working and overall architectural approach.
- Collaboration - Collaborate closely with the multidisciplinary teams within Gen and extend to include partnering with a wide cross section of other groups from academia to start ups and the wider community at large.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or in a related field;
- At least 6 years’ experience in IT with a core focus on software product development;
- In-depth knowledge of how to identify, size and manage technical delivery teams;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, time management and organizational skills;
- Strong Software Architecture and implementation experience;
- Strong understanding of Application Architecture, Project Management, and IT Service Management;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to lead workshops, software implementation, software architectural reviews, technical documentation authoring;
- Fluent in English language.
Nice to have:
- Experience of Analytics, IoT;
- Experience of various infrastructure types; cloud, on premise, PaaS (AWS, Azure);
- Strong knowledge of Agile, Scrum and ITIL;
- Good understanding of working on hybrid solutions approach and continuous integration;
- Experience in both the Microsoft and Java stacks;
- Experience in Enterprise Asset Management solutions;
- Experience of the Transportation and Utilities industries.
If shaping the world for a better tomorrow motivates you, we encourage you to apply!