Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses, including retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers. Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company.
Compliance Operations (C-Ops) is part of Health Safety Sustainability Security and Compliance (HSSSC) organization within Amazon. C-Ops ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product while storing and transporting and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. This team also review aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import / export). This involves analyzing product import documentation. We focus on product testing, certification, and regulatory permitting to ensure customer safety and protect Amazon in a constantly changing global environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role manages multiple Compliance Teams servicing multiple categories and different tasks. The individual would be responsible for overall planning, budgeting, growth, delivery, process efficiency and productivity for their respective work groups. The individual would have targets on process standardization and automation, building customer confidence through quality delivery, robust processes and sound reporting metrics. The individual would be responsible and be a point of escalation for the delivery by the teams reporting to him / her.
Key activities include:
- Work with the Amazon Legal and Product compliance teams to identify compliance requirements, design and build operational processes and testing mechanisms in order to meet regulatory requirements
- Work with Regulatory authorities and other compliance teams during compliance audits, drive the redesign and update of compliance processes, making recommendations to leadership on opportunities for risk mitigation based on established risk tolerance
- Collaborate with involved stakeholders to ensure vendors and sellers comply with legal requirements
- Ensure recurring audit reports to track compliance, measuring product and program level risk based on established framework or risk tolerance
- Drive operational efficiency and compliance risk measurement through program and multi-functional teams monitoring and coordination
- Drive the metrics and reporting efficiency of the team where required
- Recommends opportunities to business partners and tech teams / leaders for leveraging innovative technologies in the market in order to meet risk management needs
Key Performance Areas:
- People Management (leadership role, managing Area Manager, team management, floor control and retention)
- Sets and balances goals across teams to optimize performance against organization goals and employees development
- Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of compliance teams
- Ensure high service delivery and execution
- Co-owner in the process of budget planning
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience engaging global leaders
- Experience using performance metrics
- Experience leading direct reports, including development and performance management
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions.
- Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction.
- Fluent in English, both oral and verbal
- Ability to work in highly ambiguous environment with multiple stakeholders
- The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Advanced degree (technical or MBA) preferred
- Experience managing a project portfolio
- Six Sigma Green or Lean Certification
- Mastery of SharePoint, Excel, Power Point, Word
- 6+ years of experience managing cross-functional programs, including external and internal stakeholders