Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Team - The RBS group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
A QA Operations manager is expected to independently own business processes and metrics, establish audit processes for measuring, tracking, and driving continuous improvements. They forecast and plan capacity to meet the business needs and drive a culture of quality and process excellence. They also effectively partner and manage stakeholders and build scalable solutions that solve business problems and drive adoption across teams. The Operations manager is also expected to hire, mentor and develop a high performance team, identify and groom top talent, develop leadership principles within the team and continuously raise the bar. In a nutshell:
· You will be responsible for a Quality team who audit process and systems to improve the First Time resolution (FTR) of the RBS deliverables.
· Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that impact reduction of defects.
· Work closely with internal product and project teams to design scalable Auto-Audit and Auto-Fix solution.
· Manage the team of Managers and or strong individual contributors and ensure high service delivery and execution
· People Management
· Analyzing Trend
· Formulate, implement, track career path & individual development plans of each member in the team
· Metrics management
· Stake holder management
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Knowledge of supply chain backend operations.
· Develop the Quality Management Systems strategy and the management arrangements for key milestones, demonstrating solid progress against plan.
· Should be managing a team of managers to achieve group objectives.
· Leverages strong collaborative relationships to accomplish goals and negotiates for win-win situation
· Ability to work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that reduces supply chain defects.
· Should be able to own WBR, MBR and QBRs with excellent writing and verbal communications skills
· Provides timely, valuable feedback to direct reports and coaches continuously
· Recognizes and rewards good performance
· Identifies own development needs; creates and implements development plan for the direct reports to help achieve their career aspirations
· Analytical reasoning including assessing and understanding events; anticipating questions and potential impact
· Integrating information from several sources to understand an issue
· Strategic thinking and planning
· Contributes to building scalable automation that can deliver productivity benefits with joint ownership between tech and program teams for the function
· Bachelor’s degree in any discipline;
· Excellent command of spoken and written English;
· Directly managed 2 to 3 managers and thus indirectly managed at least 50 plus people organization.
· Previous experience in leading quality assurance programs
· Possess strong communication and leadership skills;
· Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & ‘internet-speed’ environment with tight deadlines
· Willingness to work outside of the "standard" work day, willingness to travel outside the country;
· Have an absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience;
· Possess exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis;
· Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills;
· Be a self-starter;
· Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously;
·Experience in business process improvement.
·Background in Business Process Outsourcing (financial services, customer service, call center, etc.);
· Practiced working knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen or Six Sigma.
. Technical Background preferred .