The Process Simulation Engineer will be involved in the implementation and testing of Operator Training Simulations projects. The Engineer will be involved in most of the project phases, from initial client discussions through to commissioning of solutions. The role requires European-based travel (50%).
· Customer Relations – Work effectively at various levels with clients and European consultants
· Project Execution – Support and execute projects that involve technologies such as process simulation; dynamic simulation lifecycle; control integration and all aspects of operator training simulation;
· Technical responsibilities – problem solving, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment;
· Communications – Work closely with Europe to contribute in the development of solutions / products / offerings;
· Procurement – supports the Senior Lead Engineer or Project Manager in the development of the procurement list, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services where relevant, along with required delivery dates
· HSE/Quality control – ensures that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved – adheres to company’s and customer HSEQ standards always
· Other Duties – Performs other additional specific duties, when requested by the business
· Relevant experience in simulation and process engineering in industries such as but not limited to Hydrocarbons, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Life Sciences;
· Excellent communication skills: confident with customer interactions, presentations and discussions;
· Languages: English - fluent level; Second language is a plus.
· Software skills: knowledge and experience with dynamic simulation and modelling of processes in software such as HYSYS, UniSim, Petro-SIM, MIMIC, KSPICE, DYNSIM, etc.
· Knowledge of process control configuration in DeltaV or other software, is a plus.
· Willingness to travel as required.