Reporting to the Senior Accounts Receivables Supervisor, you will assist in the management of Accounts Receivable processes and procedures, ensuring that the Collections team provides the most effective and efficient support to the business so that both Sales and Departmental objectives are met.
In more detail, you will be involved in the Accounts Receivable activity for the area maximizing cash flow through the timely and effective collection of trade debts utilizing the GetPaid system. Play a key part in process improvement, dispute management and overdue debt reduction initiatives for the area.
Work in close partnership with Sales to bring about the maximization of profitable sales by effectively managing customer payment terms and daily held orders. Conduct month end reconciliations, aged debt analysis reporting & cash-flow targeting.
• Collection of amounts due to Emerson on assigned accounts receivable ledgers in accordance with the departmental and company targets
• Highlight any concerns/potential bad debts to the Emerson Customer Financial Services (CFS) Manager in a timely manner
• Make recommendations to, or assist CFS Management in implementing new policies/procedures for operational improvement and in support of company objectives
• Perform tasks associated with the completion of special projects.
• Provide 1st line resolution for customer discrepancies and escalate accordingly using the designated process
• Exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion in handling process and administrative duties, including making decisions that will have significant impact on internal/external customers.
• Oversee and implement risk mitigation strategies, which minimize risk while maximizing sales, profit, and cash flow.
• Provide a high level of customer financial statement analysis.
• Manage Trade Finance activities through extensive investigation of exposure in compliance with Uniform Customs and practice (UCP) 600 for Documentary Credits governed by the International Chamber of Commerce
• High level of X-functional engagement to drive timely resolution of disputes
• Responsible for adherence and support of company policies and procedures.
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by line manager
• University Studies
• Prior experience in collection or customer service role (minimum 2 years)
• English - Fluency to speak, read and write
• French - Fluency to speak, read and write