Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
IT Service Desk Americas – Paid Internship
Determined period: 3 months, 6h/day
The Americas Service Desk team is the Single Point of Contact for all Steelcase employees in the Americas that encounter IT issues in their day to day work. Solving as many as 85% of all the issues we process, we strive to deliver the best in class customer experience to our colleagues around the region. As for the remaining 15%, we handle those by working closely with other teams, specialized in diverse IT areas like Networking, Infrastructure, Databases, SAP until the job is done.
What's in it for you?
As an intern, you would have the opportunity to be exposed to IT trainings and a variety of issues that come across our table, and benefit during this time from the experience and support of a team of professionals. The abilities that will be acquired will be:
· Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically
· Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
· Advise user on appropriate action
· Follow standard help desk procedures
· Administer help desk software
· Redirect problems to appropriate resource
· Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
· Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions in knowledge base
What does it take?
We are looking for graduates or current computer science/ information systems/ management information systems students.
· English at a proficient level
· Good analytical skills with attention to detail
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, and apps. MacOSx would be a plus
· Strong communication skills, customer-oriented, able to listen.
· Good interpersonal skills with internal and external customers
· Team focused
· Ability to analyze and synthesize