Financial Business Partner - Europe
The Financial Business Partner position performs the duties typical of a Financial Analyst, while additionally employing those proficiencies to work directly with operational teams. Financial Analyst activities such as budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis in support of the finance team will be critical recurring activities. The expanded responsibilities of this role will be to partner with business owners who lead the operational teams delivering Welocalizes’ services to clients. In the partnering role, this individual will understand the operations of the teams they are supporting and work with the business owner to financially optimize the delivery of those services by analyzing cost drivers and identifying improvements through detailed analysis.
This position will have a matrixed reporting relationship, reporting to the Finance Manager, while supporting both the Finance Manager and Business Unit Leadership
The following requirements convey the primary attributes we are seeking in a Financial Business Partner; however, this list is non-exhaustive and other duties may be required:
- Must have demonstrated skills in Financial Analysis and a fundamental understanding of Accounting concepts and terminology.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with operational leadership to help manage the profitability of operational groups.
- Will be responsible for submission and accuracy of financial forecasts, and doing detailed results analysis to uncover deficiencies in either process or methodology.
- Must be able to push information TO leaders, proactively and with insight such that there should be a clear “next step” or action they need to take as a result of your efforts.
- Will utilize information gained as a Business Partner to understand and communicate the impact of operational changes to the corporate finance team.
- Will work with the business’ in analyzing proposals received by clients and make recommendations on the appropriate actions based on data models the Financial Business Partner will create.
- Act as a core contributor to improve and develop reporting tools which support business operations – working with account managers, finance, software developers and others as required.
- Needs to be able to work independently, and exercise judgement in prioritizing competing demands for the analyst’s time.
- Presentation skills required to articulate information and complex concepts to stakeholders.
- Will work with operational leadership to provide supporting financial information for their presentations to Executive leadership
- Will utilize Business Intelligence(BI) tools provide information that may be requested by the operational teams.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (Proficient user according to Common European Framework(CEF))
Experience & Education Level
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience as a Financial Analyst or Financial Business Partner
Other relevant skills (not requirements)
- Good command of both spoken and written Italian (Independent user)
- Good command of both spoken and written Spanish (Independent user)
- Working knowledge of WorkDay HCM and Financial Management modules
- Proficient with Microsoft Power BI
- Entry-level SQL developer