Tableau Developer & Analyst
The Tableau Developer & Analyst will work on a variety of initiatives to help the organization utilize data from a variety of sources and enable the business to make decisions from data driven insights. They will partner with other report authors in the business on the deployment and maintenance of authorization model management, data quality management, data delivery management and performance optimization. They will prepare data sources to make data and visualizations readily available for decision makers using Tableau and other BI tools. Often, it will be necessary to use creative problem solving to translate business needs into technical specifications and refine ideas with feedback from others.
The Tableau Developer & Analyst will play a significant role in success of the digital transformation happening within Steelcase.
- Organizing events & training, performing ad-hoc consulting and overseeing life cycle management of best practice documentation
- Guide business partners with the deployment and sustainment of Tableau in their organizations
- Communicate and work together with business partners to develop and define key business questions and build specifications for the data sets that can help answer those questions.
- Create visualizations using Tableau that encourage and ease the discovery of business insights
- Gather requirements to design and deploy enhancements to existing reports and visualizations
- Build visualization prototypes for demonstration purposes to peer groups and business partners
- Support peers as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the preparation and presentation of data
- Act as mentor and Tableau SME for other Tableau users across the company
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve current processes by applying industry and company best practices
- Oversee and adhere to corporate governance standards and guidelines
- Develop documentation of developments standards, training, and support
- 1+ years of experience developing Tableau interactive dashboards
- 3+ years of experience with BI Development and UI UX
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Tableau Certified Professional or equivalent skill set with visual best practices and advanced technical skills
- 1+ years of experience using SQL
- Understanding and ability to apply fundamental principles of statistics
- Experience working in an agile or SCRUM based environment
- Ability to test and document end-to-end processes