MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering field;
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a similar function;
- Good knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance according to ISO standard;
- Customer oriented with good written and verbal skills to facilitate effective communication of technical ideas;
- Knowledge of rotating electrical machines, thermodynamics and aerodynamics is appreciated;
- Capacity of self-taught, team worker and efficient communicator;
- Knowledge about MS Office package and 3D-tools for design purpose - Pro Engineer, Creo;
- Languages: Fluency in English is a must; French language skills are a plus.
The role is responsible for designing mechanical parts, assemblies and drawings preparation.
- Receive and analyze input data: project requirements or product modifications; communicate with the requester in order to gather additional or missing information;
- Search in CAD database for appropriate departing models which are similar to desired ones;
- Conception of raw or machined parts and their associated drawings (aluminum injected, cast iron molded and/or welded) according to ISO standards;
- Participate to multiple projects; plan the work that needs to be done and reports the status of projects/tasks to the supervisor;
- Verification and validation of principal stages of the project with the client: technical solution, technical project, detailed project; communication is in French;
- Verification of the quality of the delivered documentation: functionality, conception principles, compliance with technological restrictions, dimensioning, tolerances, verification of chained dimensions, etc.;
- Deliver the final 3D parts, 3D assemblies, 2D drawings and/or other required deliverables (calculations, technical tables, etc.).
Emerson is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. Founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), Emerson delivers solutions through five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. With sales of $24.7B and more than 130,000 employees in over 150 countries, we have a customer-focused, results-driven culture where employee performance is recognized and rewarded.
Visit us at: www.emerson.com