FINANCIAL ANALYST (CLUJ)
PURPOSE / ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Work very closely with the Business Controller in The Netherlands and the Financial Controller in Cluj to support the POR, Budget and Financial Analysis Review process
Communicate effectively and efficiently with local and Divisional management regarding any financial matters.
- Support monthly Close and POR cycle processes as well as financial review & performance reporting in all aspects for Ede and Cluj factories, in conjunction with Ede/Cluj and the Divisional team.
- Perform monthly Act vs. POR and quarterly YoY Bridges for Ede and Cluj.
- Perform Mix Analysis by KOB, Product Group and Technology Group.
- Perform GP Analysis by project, model and product group as per Senior Management requests.
- Support the Divisional Finance team to review and determine the Transfer Price Factors from Factory to Sales Co’s.
- Conduct analysis of Ede and Cluj P&Ls, headcount, asset management, balance sheet activities and cash flow performance .
- Prepare monthly Ede and Cluj P&Ls by KOB segment/technology group and by product group/technology group.
- Actively participating in improving GP and TWC projections (backlog analysis)
- Ad hoc analysis – eg. headcount productivity, TWC, Cost Reduction and Containment, Other Deductions/Income and Balance Sheet , performance of particular product groups.
- Support and actively track Ede and Cluj investment in Capital Expenditure.
- Support the Business Controller in The Netherlands & the Cluj Finance team during the annual Divisional Mid-Year Reviews and Budgeting process for Ede and Cluj.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Recognized Finance, Accounting or equivalent degree qualification
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in Financial Accounting
- Familiarity with the US GAAP is advantageous
- Good knowledge of working with financial statements : BS, P&L , TWC, financial and business plans, financial reports.
- Mathematical skills –enjoys working with & analyzing figures and strong ability to compute figures.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Good communication skills - ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from European and US finance teams.
- Excellent computer skills - Expert level use and understanding of MS Excel, ability to work with databases & PowerPoint . Knowledge of HFM & JD Edwards/Oracle advantageous.
- Fluent in English both spoken & written
- Willingness to work flexible working hours according to job requirements, particulary during month close.