REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Educated to Degree level or similar, ideally Business/Economics/Law discipline;
• Excellent communication skills including fluent spoken and written English language;
• Other European language abilities desirable but not essential;
• Excellent working knowledge of contract and other relevant areas of law in at least one European country;
• Ability to interface effectively with senior management, lawyers, other professionals and customers/suppliers both internally and externally;
• Solid proven experience in a contracts/commercial role in connection with industrial sales featuring capital goods, electronics, software and/or engineering and related services, ranging from minor services contracts through major international projects (value $30m+);
• Ability to analyse complex situations, seek advice where necessary and provide clear, concise guidance to others;
• Ability to think Corporately and “out of the box’ in order to offer solutions to problems in relation to individual contracts/projects, frame agreements and internal issues.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Identify and manage contractual risk in order to maximize profitability in line with corporate contracts and legal policies and other requirements.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review, respond to and negotiate customer contract conditions and frame agreements
• Provide input to sales, project management and purchasing on subcontracting strategies and forms* and assist in producing and negotiating more significant subcontracts on major projects
• Provide input to management and obtain necessary approvals regarding contractual risk areas identified
• Participate in the development and implementation of contracts and other commercial training*
• Provide advice and guidance to sales, purchasing, project management, finance and other internal customers on contractual and commercial issues
• Input to the development of contracts and commercial policies and processes*
• Keep abreast of legal, contracts and policy developments and advise on their impact to company contracting operations*
*In conjunction with Law Dept.
Emerson is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. Founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), Emerson delivers solutions through five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. With sales of $24.7B and more than 130,000 employees in over 150 countries, we have a customer-focused, results-driven culture where employee performance is recognized and rewarded.
Visit us at: www.emerson.com