BRANCH IT OPERATIONS ENGINEER
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area required
• Advance degree is a plus
• Fluent in English
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant IT experience, ideally supporting facilities in remote locations.
• Working knowledge/understanding of enterprise IT environments.
• Experience/knowledge of data center practices and design.
• Proven ability to execute to deadlines.
• Formal training or practical experience in server infrastructure management.
• Good understanding of business practices, as well as a basic understanding of financial processes.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation communications abilities; exceptional customer service orientation.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
The Branch IT Operations Engineer will provide day-to-day operational support of the ‘legacy’ Business Unit IT server environments. This includes working closely with other members of the Branch IT organization to help resolve operational issues, manage backup and restoration processes, install patches, monitor systems, and perform other duties as set out by the Branch IT Manager and/or delegated supervisor. The Corporate IT Service Desk will be used to help track and prioritize calls, whilst processes and support information will be carefully documented and stored within the Branch IT SharePoint site. The Branch IT Operations Engineer will help ‘on-board’ and ‘optimize’ the Business Unit IT server environments. This includes helping facilitate change within the Business Units; both in terms of their introduction to Branch IT, and the associated administration hand-over, as well as the transitioning of services to the GDC, RDC and Edge IT environments. All members of Branch IT team will strive for continual service improvement. The Branch IT Operations Engineer will provide guidance to less experienced members of the team, share knowledge and experience, whilst also setting an example for others to follow. The Branch IT Operations Engineer will need to understand priorities, strive to meet SLA’s and maintain a positive, healthy working environment. They will promote the virtues of Branch IT and other Corporate IT services, maintain a professional attitude to work at all times, and be willing to learn and adapt.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operational Support – provide day-to-day support of the ‘legacy’ Business Unit IT server environment. Ensure the servers, and associated ancillaries, are running optimally. Perform timely root cause analysis, identify corrective actions and execute the corrective actions on all identified problems.
• ‘On-Boarding’ – work with the Business Units to understand and document existing support processes, help plan for and then implement hand-over of the processes to Branch IT.
• ‘Optimization’ – conduct a technical review of the IT server environment on a site-by-site basis, whilst working with the Business Unit to fully understand and plan for the transition of services into the GDC, RDC and/or Edge IT solutions. Assist the Business Units, wherever possible, with the migration of services to Corporate IT.
• Knowledge Sharing – ensure processes, procedures and environment are well documented, and provide training to members of the Branch IT team and Business Unit (where applicable).
• Efficient Operating Processes –ensure the support processes utilized within Branch IT team are clearly documented, effective and efficient. Leverage standard operating processes already created by the Global Data Center team wherever possible. Perform on-going reviews of working practices and recommend changes where required. Work with Branch IT management to implement new procedures and strive for continual service improvement.
• Work Ethic – demonstrate a work manner that is both professional and courteous, flexible, and maintain a high standard of communication. Be well organized, able to work to a plan, and follow documented processes and procedures. Act in an ethical and trustworthy manner at all times, and be open to all forms of communication. Ensure work is complete in a timely manner, and display a degree of flexibility in order to support the business (which may include the need to travel).
• SLA Compliance – ensure SLA targets are met by working with the team to drive effective and efficient behavior.
• Customer Satisfaction – promote a customer service mentality into colleagues. Promote a collaborative transparent working environment.
• Communications – establish a consistent communications cadence with customers and management.
Emerson is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. Founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), Emerson delivers solutions through five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. With sales of $24.7B and more than 130,000 employees in over 150 countries, we have a customer-focused, results-driven culture where employee performance is recognized and rewarded.
Visit us at: www.emerson.com