The Application Engineer is responsible to support the sales offices and business partners, identifying the most suitable products and technical solutions by sizing and selecting, providing special prices and special lead times based on the customer’s requirements.
His/her main responsibility is to facilitate the Pressure Management bookings by ensuring an outstanding and timely support particularly – but not only limited to – special constructions and projects.
· Develop and prepare offers and technical proposals with the best selection from Pressure Management portfolio regardless of the source factory – in compliance with the customer’s technical specifications – according to Company processes and procedures for the assigned customers in the served areas.
· Estimate the costs of the proposed solutions and the lead times and – if needed – provide alternatives to the sales offices also in consideration of the required price level and timing
· Deviation List for the Selected Products
· Create the SPL (Special Price) if required
· Define all technical details for the orders prior to production (order cleaning)
· Provide Technical Assistance for the sales offices & customers
· Take ownership of the technical issues and collaborate with the sales offices to provide accurate and fast solutions
· Organizing and participating in product promotion and application (include training of sales offices or new personnel)
· Participate in the development of internal systems and procedures
· Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of process instrumentations and application
· Collect product application information
· Look for continuous improvement opportunities
· Fulfill any other reasonable duties as required
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Building Services, Electric, Physics, Chemistry)
· 1+ year experience in the technical fields
· Fluent in English
· Knowledge of a second European language is a plus
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Team player
· Customer centric approach, able to work with deadlines
· Computer skills: MS Office, Internet, E-mail, etc
· Ability to work in an international environment
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.