Mechanical Design Engineer (m/f) R&D
“Made by Bosch” stands for exceptional quality of a global player. We invest in the future by steering a consistently profitable course. With your commitment, you can also help protect the long-term success of the Bosch organization.
As market leader, the Automotive Electronics Division offers innovative electronic systems, photo voltaic inverters, control units, sensors and semiconductors. Be part of our new and innovative Bosch team in Cluj. Join the innovation! Apply today and contribute with your ideas as part of the emerging R&D team in Cluj!
- Analysis of all requirements (environmental conditions, installation, material, manufacturing, life-time) related to the mechanical design of an electronic control unit used in automotive and non-automotive applications;
- Preparation of the design proposals and estimation of the product and tooling cost;
- Design of new or change of an existing mechanical part using one of the material classes metal sheet, plastics or die-cast, by taking into account all technical and assembly requirements as well as manufacturing technologies and cost aspects;
- Support for the launch of the product in series production. 2nd/3rd level support for warranty claims after start of production;
- Preparation of all documentation related to the mechanical design as required by the engineering process;
- Technical support of the purchasing process (supplier evaluation and part release process);
- Participation in customer meetings and training sessions inbound and outbound.
- Junior: 0-5 Years, Senior: >5years in mechanical design;
- University degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or comparable;
- Excellent understanding of the design rules for at least one material class;
- Familiar with tolerance calculations, manufacturing technologies (i.e. stamping, injection) and the inter-connection of different mechanical parts (i.e. connectors). Experience with CAD-based design tools (Pro/E is an advantage);
- Willing to learn new things and understand complex cause-effect relationships;
- Structured and analytic way of working. Familiar with existing design methods like FMEA, DFMA, V-Model;
- Able to communicate and synthetize;
- Open and cooperative personality enjoying the work in international teams;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage.