Mechanical Design Engineer - Process department
• Creating systems capable of transporting water, chemicals, pharmaceutical and food products based on the P&ID’s (Process and Instrumentation diagrams) developed together with the client.
• Reviewing the project specifications to define process requirements.
• Meeting with the client or other consultants to gain a clearer understanding of what type of design is needed. The plant designer relies on basic engineering, which determine things like flow rate, pressure or other process data, as well as industry codes and clean design principles that help maximize safety and performance of the process line.
• Determine the basic design for the piping system, the piping designer uses CAD modeling software to create a 3D model representation of the system. Based on the 3D model the designer creates 2D drawings and also incorporate any equipment related to the piping, including how the pipes should be connected to these units.
• Creating, verifying and validating all Material Take Off (MTO&rsquo's).
• Answering any questions or solve any problems that come up during installation that are related to his design.
Good English speaking and writing skills
Advanced Diploma of Engineering or equivalent (mechanical preferred)
Modelling skills for plant layout, piping design and detailing
Proficient in the use of 2D and 3D CAD systems
Thorough understanding of P&ID’s and PFD’s represents advantage